Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Photo by Kevin Tomasello
Well, I've started a blog, so a short introduction is in order. I just finished my first novel, HEARTLAND. I have a full-time career as a speech-language pathologist, but writing is my nourishment--my fuel. The problem is, it's been on the back-burner. It's been simmering for too long and I'm hungry. Time for dinner!

Two years ago, I decided that I would pursue the writing life head on. I went to a writer's heaven: WHEN WORDS COUNT RETREAT in Rochester, Vermont. A magical place in the Green Mountains where my muse began to stir. I was immersed, baptized, annointed and there was no turning back. I signed up for some refresher courses in advanced fiction writing through my local university. I met some fellow writers at various stages of their careers. I found a delightful online newsletter called FUNDS FOR WRITERS. I met some amazing writer-friends and they have encouraged and supported me in this new venture. A fantastic writer in his own "write" GREGORY L. NORRIS, with too many credits to list in this short space, cheered me on and agreed to edit my book. ELENA GREENE, a writer of engaging historical romance, has spent numerous precious writing hours answering my many questions. JULIE HEDLUND, an energetic children's picture book author and writing-entrepreneur-FORCE-OF-NATURE and MARI COOPER, entrepreneur, psychic, author and radio talk-show host of THE AHA MOMENT and FORCE OF NATURE TIMES TEN continue to inspire me as I strive to do even a fraction of what they do. I am moved by this community of soul and support. I am thrilled to be a part of it.

Although I need to write and I would write even if no one ever read it, WRITING needs the reader to come to life. I want my writing to live. To touch a reader. To breathe. I would like to invite you on this journey with me, to make the writing come alive.

Welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your achievement. Many people talk about writing a book someday, but it takes a lot of courage and perseverance to start, let alone finish. Wishing you all the best as you continue the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elena, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete