Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thor's Day

Photo by Laura Bear
The blank page looms like the expanse of lake just outside the window, except the lake is rippling with waves and the page is not rippling at all. I can't even conjure a lake picture at the moment because I am not home. My camera is at home. So, here is the closest I can come: tiny lake droplets, if you will, on green leaves. You will have to be satisfied with that this week. I am in a place of exquisite beauty. I would love to share it with you, but I am being a little greedy today. Besides, I don't have my camera with me.

It's been a busy, crazy week. A week to remember, or even better to forget. I know, I know, the week isn't over yet, but I'm not counting the regular work week. No, no. This week, Thursday is the new Monday and it is good. The start of a new work week with alternate work that could almost be categorized as play. Thursday's child is full of woe, so that nursery rhyme goes, but not this Thursday. This is decompress Thursday. Transitional Thursday. New Thursday. Not Monday. Not Tuesday, either. Not quite Friday and certainly not Saturday. Or Sunday. Wednesday was so bad, I have decided it will be the end of last week.

Thursday is fresh. Like a cold drink after toiling in the yard all hot summer day. Thursday sounds almost like thirsty--and I am thirsty for relief and inspiration and concentration and meditation and...play. A quick internet search reveals that Thursday is actually "Thor's Day." You know--the Scandinavian dude with the big hammer. This Norse god is associated with thunder and lightening and strength, but also with sacredness and healing and fertility. A suitable way to begin a new week, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, that's what I say. Let the new week begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment